Family Court Injunctions

Family Court Injunctions available under Part IV of the Family Law Act 1996.

We can advice and represent you if you need to make an application or defend an application relating to a family court injunction.

Please see more information about family court injunctions below and contact us if you need further information or legal representation.

Types of Family Court Injunctions

The two types of family court injunctions that we can help you with.

These are;

  • Non-molestation Orders
  • Occupation Orders.
Kenny Ogba

Kenny Ogba


Our family team can apply for an occupation order if you have a right to occupy the home and your right is being questioned or threatened by your spouse or other relevant person.

An occupation order will make clear who has the right to stay at the family home, who can return to the home and who should be excluded.

An occupation order will not change ownership of a property. Ownership matters will be resolved as part of ancillary matters to a divorce.

Occupation orders are mostly short term. The duration will depend on your needs.

Usually your occupation orders last for six or twelve months. The order can be renewed to give you and your children the accommodation and protection.

Occupation orders can only be made in relation to a property where you both live, have lived or you intend to live in.

You can only apply for a family court injunction if you are an ‘associated person’.

On persons in the categories listed below are qualify to make applications as an associated person or against another associated person:

  • You are or have been married to each other.
  • You are or have been in a civil partnership with each other.
  • You are cohabitants or former cohabitants (including same sex couples).
  • You live or have lived in the same household.
  • You are relatives.
  • You have formally agreed to marry each other (even if that agreement has now ended).
  • You have a child together (this can include those who are parents of the same child, and those who have parental responsibility for the same child).
  • Although not living together, you have been in an “intimate relationship of significant duration”.
  • You are both involved in the same family proceedings (e.g. divorce or child contact).

Please contact us for expert legal services on:

  • Adoption
  • Fostering
  • Child Custody, Contact Orders & Access to Children
  • Parental Rights Applications
  • Separation Agreements
  • Pre-Nuptial Agreements
  • Post-Nuptial Agreements
  • Divorce & Separation Financial Matters

Need Professional Legal Services?

Ask A Question…
close slider


    Our aim is to deliver quality services that you will be happy with.

    If unfortunately, after efforts our effort to do our best we have not got this right, a complaint about our service can be raised, in the first with the lawyer that handled your matter and provided our service to you. All our staff are trained to appreciate that client satisfaction comes first and your lawyer will do his or her best to listen to you, provide an explanation and carry out any remedial actions that you require so that you may become satisfied with our service.

    If after the above initial stage you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you may complain to our Mr Obinna Baranta who is our firm’s complaint manager - by writing to our London address of 51 Fellows Road, London NW3 3DX.

    Mr Baranta will do his best to resolve the matter to your satisfaction by reviewing the service we provided to you in a manner that satisfies you.

    Mr Baranta will first write to you within 7 working days of hearing from you to acknowledge receipt of your complaint and he will aim to send you a substantive reply to your complaint within 14 working days.

    Mr Baranta will investigate your complaint by speaking to the person involved and may telephone you to get more details about our service to you.

    If you do not feel comfortable about complaining to Mr Baranta about our service to you because he handled your matter, you may write to Mr Kenny Ogba who has been in practice for over 7 years and who will assist the firm by investigating your complaint with intention of finding a resolution that satisfies you.

    If after looking into your complaint and responding to you, you are still not satisfied by our responses you may further complain to the Legal Ombudsman whose address for complaints is PO Box 6806 Wolverhampton WV19WJ.